Summer zucchini hollowed out and stuffed with lean Italian sausage, then topped with marinara and cheese.
OMG! You guys are going to love these!
I’ve had this concept in my head for a while, but now that zucchini is in full season and my friend gave me some fresh from her garden, I put my idea to the test. The results were simply amazing, thumbs up all around, especially from my picky teen
- 1 1/4 cups quick marinara sauce
- 4 (31 oz total) medium zucchini
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 14 oz lean Italian chicken sausage, removed from casing (Al Fresco)
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella (Polly-O)
- 8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese