Who doesn’t love Mexican food?! These chicken taquitos are can be filled with anything you want and easily customized to the palates of your family. They would be great fried, I’m sure we all agree on that…. but by baking them, it really cuts down on the fat! You could make these ahead of time and pop them into the oven (or fryer if you wish) when you are ready for afternoon snacks, tailgating, or even putting together an appetizer platter.
- rotisserie chicken -fully cooked and seasoned.
- 2/3 – 1 cup of jarred or fresh salsa
- 1 cup shredded “Mexican blend” cheese
- 1/3 cup sweet white and yellow corn niblets
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- large pinch of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pack of egg roll wrappers