A simple and quick taquito recipe that’s perfect for a game day appetizer!
You could use any chicken for these taquitos, like leftover chicken, but if you need to cook some from scratch just gently poach the chicken in slowly simmering water over medium-low heat.
- 3 cups shredded chicken (1.5 pounds)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 4.5 ounce cans Old El Paso green chiles
- 16 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- salsa, for serving