It also has a nice cheese crust. You will love this even though it’s just pasta…the presentation makes it special.
The key to this recipe, as far as taste goes, is using quality ingredients. Good quality pasta, cheese and ESPECIALLY crushed tomatoes. I really like the brand, Muir Glen, as far as canned tomatoes go. If you cannot find high quality crushed tomatoes, buy canned whole tomatoes instead, crushing them yourself. Whole tomatoes must meet a higher standard at the processing plant, therefore taste better.
- 1 pound Rigatoni
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 1 pound Ground beef (I used ground sirloin)
- 2 Garlic gloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) Good quality crushed tomatoes ~ Muir Glen
- Butter, for pan
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 8 ounces Coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
It’s only fair to share…