A simple one-dish meal for cornbread and enchilada lovers alike!
I’m pretty sure I could live on chicken enchiladas. I make them ALL. THE. TIME.
And then when I’m not making enchiladas, I love making enchilada soup, stacked enchiladas, enchilada pizza…you name it!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Old El Paso salsa
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can Progresso black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (divided)
- 1 (6.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker cornbread mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon melted butter