Brownie cupcakes Follow
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups Dutch Process Cocoa (Dark Cocoa is great if you have it)
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ pan
2) In a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. I turn to low heat and let sit while I work on the rest of the ingredients.
3) In a separate large bowl crack the 4 eggs, and beat well. Beat in the cocoa, salt, baking powder and vanilla until smooth. Make sure to get all of the cocoa powder broken down and incorporated.
4) Add the hot butter/sugar mixture to the bowl, a little at a time, stirring until smooth.
5) Add the flour and stir to combine. If you are adding in chocolate chips or other mix ins that might melt, let the brownie batter sit for a while to cool first.
6) Spoon the batter into a lightly greased 9″ x 13″ pan.
7) Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. They should look moist but be well set on the edges. This is for the 9×13 pan recipe. If you are making these as cupcakes, I was able to get 24 cupcakes out of the recipe and baked them for approx 14-17 minutes.